Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Witching Hour


Emily Rose, the creepy quasi-true story of a demon possessed catholic claimed that 3am-4am is the witching hour when demons haunt. I enjoy horror but it forces me to sleep with one hand touching my wife for a week after I see one. Last night the witching hours were 11pm-1am when I recalled every scary movie I could imagine and tried to sleep.

Lexi has to write a script for her class and I suggested a horror and proceeded to freak us both out with a creepy plot of my worst fears. At 11pm I got the bright idea to elaborate on the plot by personalizing it to our present circumstances. I don't recommend this as pillow talk it tends to discourage both of my favorite bedtime activities, sleeping and the other activity ideal for beds.

Here is the plot, try not to laugh.

The Amish believe that when a picture is taken you lose your soul. The bible says thou shalt not have graven images, some eastern religions believe you soul is stolen and trapped in the picture when photographed. A picture happy 30 something is slowly reaching the millionth picture of her husband. While we obviously don't lose our soul with one picture it is slowly lost with each picture and is taken over by the devil by the millionth. The main character first notices this phenomenon when her oft photographed cats become stranger and stranger ending with their death. One night while sleeping the cats start to scratch at the bedroom door but the cats have been dead for a week.

It was at this point that my two cats scratching at my door made it hard for Lexi and I to sleep.

1 comment:

Lexi said...

hahahaha that picture of Cre is great. You need to stop with the creepy stories late at night. Especially with so many mirrors in the house...

Press Play!!