Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Dangerous Lives of Sparrows


On my way to school I saw a bird wriggling on the ground from a distance. Upon further examination it became apparent that there were two birds and one was fighting for its life. While the poor little sparrow was on its back being pecked to death I wondered what could a sparrow do to another sparrow to deserve being pecked to death on a cold Utah morning.

Twenty minutes later while waiting for a parking spot some punk Toyota stole my parking spot and it came to me, the angry sparrow probably had his nest parking spot stolen and was making the other punk sparrow pay the price.

Imagining my Toyota Camry a huge sparrow and the other punk Toyota a bird on its back fighting a loosing battle I no longer felt bad for the sparrow or angry about the unscrupulous parker.

2 comments:

Jessica Anderson said...

haha, I love your analogies.

Lexi said...

It still makes me sick to think of the poor little bird getting killed. He didn't even stand a chance! I guess it must be common if you were able to find a picture of it on the internet. Remind me not to come back as a sparrow in my next life.

Press Play!!