Monday, April 14, 2008

Jeff 1, Bestbuy -1

Don't ever buy the store warranties!

When Lexi and I bought our new laptop they tried to sell us the Bestbuy service plan warranty for an extra $100. The sceptical bargin hunter that I am had read in Consumer Reports how it never makes sense to buy them declined.

Fast forward a couple weeks and our computer won't charge. Acer's website kindly told us to take our computer into Bestbuy to be serviced as long as it was under the manufacturer warranty.

Jeff 1, Bestbuy o

Most stores try to sell you "store warranties" that offer little to no benefit. Like this example it just overlaps an existing warranty.

Also check out this perpetual coupon that can always be printed I found on my favorite website, www.Lifehacker.com. I don't get any points for this but it can't be good for Bestbuy so...

Jeff 1, Bestbuy -1

Jeffer out!

No comments:

Press Play!!