Friday, April 18, 2008

First Flashback Friday Ever!

Driving back from school I just heard 3 cool songs in a row that I had completely forgotten about. While Blind Melon, Elastica, and Bush played over the airwaves images of cruising in my Dad's Jeep, towing the boat with the windows down swept over me,I was feeling like a teenager again.

The D.J.'s voice broke in and ripped me from the carefree 90's of my teenage years, "Your listening to 'The 90's at Noon'.....", oh crap. I'm that guy! I realized that I have become that guy insists the best songs were written when he was in highschool. That guy that talks about all the music of yesteryear while the younger guy looks on in pity afraid to burst his bubble. I'm "Bubble Boy" surrounded by the safe familiar plastic protection of the decades gone by. I remember listening to the "80's Old School Lunch", but now it's my turn.

I guess it's time to buy a mini-van, move to the burbs and embrace the future. At least all the car commercial song's are the ones I like, there has to be some advantage to getting older.

In homage to all the late 90's rockers I'm posting a link to my Brother's old band "Sofa", the song is "Stealing Chicken" and still is in rotation on my ipod.

2 comments:

Lexi said...

You're an oldie but goodie. ;)

Kristi Cherry Fletcher said...

Ben, my son and I are doing the funky chicken dance right now while we listen to Mike's song. I can actually remember going to one of Mike's concerts at an apartment complex while I was going to BYU. They we quite cool. Love, Kristi

Press Play!!