Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Day, In Poetry


I was so bored while sitting through my required 80 hours of insurance education so to avoid dying I made a few poems. First the Haiku

1st Haiku

Slater School of Insurance,
life's longest eight hours,
I'd prefer water boarding.

2nd Haiku

The clocks hand it moves backward.
Has boredom ever killed?
let the lecturer die first.

3rd Haiku

Haiku hell, definition:
So bored I write this,
yet, Japanese poems fail.

After I told Lexi my Haiku she told me to try a limerick


The chances a limerick time will fill,
nine, nine, five, five, nein, no, never, nil
The meter its true
has something to do
with the speed arrived at boredom still.

























3 comments:

Lexi said...

I like the second Haiku the best. "Let the lecturer die first".

Annie and Berkeley said...

Those poems explain how I feel for at least three hours every day at work. Every day. Good luck staying alive for 80 hours. Wow, I'm glad its you and not me.

Anonymous said...

You posess a rare skill for haiku writing Jeff. Thanks for sharing it with the world.

You awaken in me the desire to write a haiku myself but alas I'm too tired.

Becca

Press Play!!